Wednesday, July 16, 2008

True Story?

The following scene took place on a BA flight between Johannesburg and London . This is a true story.

A White woman, about 50 years old, was seated next to a Black man. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air Hostess. "Madam, what is the matter," the Hostess asked. "You obviously do not see it then?" she responded. "You placed me next to a Black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat." "Be calm please, the Hostess replied. "Almost all the seats on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another seat is available." The Hostess went away and came back a few minutes later. "Madam, just as I thought, there are no other available seats in Economy class. I spoke to the Captain and he informed me that there are also no seats in the Business class. All the same, we still have one seat in First class." Before the woman could reply, the Hostess continued: "It is unusual for our company to permit someone from Economy class to sit in First class. However, given the circumstances, the Captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting." She turned to the Black man and said, "Therefore, Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in First class." At that moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded.

2 comments:

walking tiger said...

me, too!

Saipan Kat said...

Classic!

I flew to Boston last summer to meet my good friend. I was sitting by the emergency exit so the stewardess had to give a co passenger and I some specific directions.She said a few words then looked at my co passenger and asked "do you know if she speaks English?"
I thought it was funny... the passenger turned to me after she left and said "I apologize, some people could be so ignorant"
I answered "me no speak english"
We both had a good laugh and a good flight.